Losing a loved one is incredibly painful. Let the staff at the PruittCares Foundation help you cope with your loss. Our support programs can help you deal with feelings of fear, loneliness, despair and helplessness. With this support you can move past the grief and toward acceptance so you may live a happy life again.
Peer Counselors are always available and support groups are now being formed. For more information about the Grief & Bereavement services in your area, e-mail email@example.com, call (800) 956-5354.
Tips on Grieving
- Talk to a caring pastor, counselor or friend who's experienced similar loss.
- Join a bereavement support group.
- Read books on grief.
- Write letters to the person you have lost to express your feelings or as a way of saying good-bye.
- Keep a journal as a record of your own journey of grief.
- Create a memorial for the person who died: plant a tree, memory book or photo album. Children often like to collect items for a memento box.
- Commemorate the person you lost on special days, such as birthdays, holidays and anniversaries. Light a candle, play a song in memory of loved one.
- Do something special for yourself.
United in the Journey Newsletter
(A Service of the Grief & Bereavement Department of United Hospice)
Light & Darkness, December 2007
Anniversary & Holiday Issue, November 2007
Anger and Resolution, October 2007
Click here for Past issues of United in the Journey
Grief & Bereavement Links
Grief Activities for Kids & Those Who Love Them from Camp Cocoon
AARP Grief & Loss
Centering Corporation (grief resources and information)
GriefNet (e-mail support groups)
Willowgreen (information & inspiration)
Grief Support Groups
All groups are open to the public.
For more information, please call the PruittCares Foundation at (800) 956-5354 or (678) 533-6462.
Grief Support Groups Locations