PruittCares Foundation Scholarship Program
Neil L. Pruitt, Sr., Dorothy Shull, Coy Williamson, Robin W. Bryson, Fred A. Watson, Scott Shull and R. Lawrence Williams Scholarships
Purpose of the Program
The PruittCares Foundation Scholarship Program was created to help defray the cost of:
- Nursing school for Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Florida residents who intend to work in hospice or long-term care.
- Pharmacy school for Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Florida residents who are dedicated to helping those in hospice or long-term care.
- Rehab school for Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Florida residents who are dedicated to helping those in hospice or long-term care.
The Program offers assistance with the costs of tuition, books and other expenses for scholarship recipients.
To be considered for a scholarship, you must demonstrate financial need and a strong commitment to hospice nursing, long-term care, and/or pain management.
All applicants must be legal residents of the State of Florida, Georgia, North Carolina or South Carolina and must be:
- Accepted into a nursing program working towards a Diploma, Associates, Bachelors or Masters degree as a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Accepted into a school of pharmacy working towards a degree of PharmD.
- Accepted into a school of rehabilitation working towards a degree of Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy or Speech Therapy.
Staff and Officers of the PruittCares Foundation, as well as their relatives, are not eligible for this scholarship program.
Application Requirements (see Application Checklist for specifics)
Each applicant must:
- Submit a completed application form including Employment Record and Statement of Financial Need
- Provide the names, phone numbers and addresses of three personal references and three professional references.
- Submit a formal and comprehensive essay regarding the applicant's commitment to work in hospice or long term care.
- Submit a copy of applicant's letter of acceptance from a school of pharmacy, a school of therapy or an accredited school of nursing in the state of residence.
- Submit a copy of applicant's most current high school or college transcripts.
- Successfully complete one of the approved courses through Pruitt University (this will be available at an appointed time).
The Foundation Board is charged with receiving and acting upon all applications for scholarships. Scholarship recipients will be chosen in a non-discriminatory manner.
- Successfully complete one of the approved courses through Pruitt University (access to this will be provided at appropriate time).
- All scholarship recipients are to maintain a "B" average or better for the scholarship year.
- The Foundation Board may cancel any scholarship for cause deemed sufficient by the Board.
Awarding of Scholarships
Scholarships winners are announced annually in late fall and funds are good towards tuition, books and other expenses for the school year. Half of the scholarship payment ($1,000) will be made directly to the applicant in late fall. The other half of the scholarship payment ($1,000) will be made directly to the applicant in January.
Applicants may re-apply for the scholarship every year.
Scholarship Repayment Obligations
There is no obligation to repay this scholarship.
Obtaining an Application
Applications are available beginning in January through the Foundation office or Download Scholarship Application here. Completed applications should be received by the PruittCares Foundation office for consideration not later than August 31st of each year. You may write or call:
1626 Jeurgens Court
Norcross, GA 30093
Phone: (678) 533-6462
Toll Free: (800)956-5354
Fax: (678) 533-6463