PruittCares Foundation Scholarship
Neil L. Pruitt, Sr., Dorothy Shull, Coy Williamson, Robin W. Bryson, Fred A. Watson, Scott Shull, George T. Hunt, III, and R. Lawrence Williams Scholarships
Purpose of the Program
The PruittCares Foundation Scholarship Program was created to help defray the cost of education for students who are dedicated to helping those in healthcare. The Program offers assistance with the costs of tuition and books for scholarship recipients.
To be considered for a scholarship, you must demonstrate financial need and a strong commitment to healthcare. All applicants must be legal residents of Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina or Florida and must be: Accepted into a nursing program working towards a Diploma, Associates, Bachelors or Master’s degree as a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse. Accepted into a school of pharmacy working towards a degree of PharmD. Accepted into a school of rehabilitation working towards a degree of Physical Therapy,
Occupational Therapy or Speech Therapy.
Staff and Officers of the PruittCares Foundation, as well as their relatives, are not eligible for this scholarship program.
Application Requirements (see Application Checklist for specifics)
Each applicant must:
- Submit a completed application form including Employment Record and Statement of Financial Need
- Provide the names, phone numbers and addresses of three personal references.
- Submit a formal and comprehensive essay regarding the applicant’s commitment to work in healthcare.
- Submit a copy of applicant’s letter of acceptance from a school of pharmacy, school of therapy, or an accredited school of nursing.
- Submit a copy of applicant’s most current high school or college transcripts.
- Successfully complete a brief assigned course through our on-line Pruitt University, at no cost to recipient.
Awarding of Scholarships. Half of the scholarship payment ($1,000) will be made directly to the applicant in the fall. The other half of the scholarship payment ($1,000) will be made directly to the applicant in January. Applicants may reapply for the scholarship every year.
Scholarship Repayment Obligations There is no obligation to repay this
Obtaining an Application
Applications are available beginning in January through the Foundation office or on www.pruittcares.org. Completed applications should be received by the PruittCares Foundation office by April 30 for consideration. You may write or call: 1626 Jeurgens Court, Norcross, GA 30093
or (800) 956-5354.
The Foundation Board is charged with receiving and acting upon all applications for scholarships. Scholarship recipients will be chosen in a non-discriminatory manner.